- Look at what Becca at BrightHaven Times did with an old party dress. The end result could’ve been one of the costumes from Enchanted.
- In Rivkasmom’s Etsy shop you can find gorgeous accessories made from old watch parts.
- Jean from the Artful Parent hosts an “I’m not a dirty hippie” party where she and her friends have fun making natural beauty products together.
Swap-O-Rama-Rama takes the concept of a clothing swap and expands it into a traveling clothing recycling event. Once you’ve shared and swapped from the donated clothes, on-site experts help you sew and modify your finds, then everyone gets to show off their new outfits in a fashion show. I just wish there was one of these near me!
My friend Paula made these great pants by altering a pair of overalls she bought at a thrift store for $1.00. She cut off the bib part and made the straps into a sort of tie belt. I wish my camera weren’t broken so you could see them better (I took this picture with my camera phone).
- Ready Made magazine’s Fashion issue is now available. Lots of DIY and style ideas.
- OutFitKit is an online store with an interesting concept: it sells complete outfits, including accessories, for under $60.
- How much do clothing retailers mark up their merchandise? The New York Times tells us, using H&M as an example.