Neither an onslaught of spam nor the untimely demise of my laptop could keep me from this blog forever. I’ve got captchas on the comments and a new iPad, and I’m ready to roll!
Today I’m guest-blogging over at Desperately Seeking Sanity about hand-me-down baby clothes, though the thoughts could certainly apply to any hand-me-downs, and to used clothing in general. Thanks to Heather for letting me guest-blog, and happy Fourth of July to everyone!
I’ve been memed by Tracee over at So Sioux Me and asked to post seven random and weird things about myself. In keeping with the theme of TWM, I’ve gone to my closet for inspiration. (And just so you know, this is our storage closet, not the closet I get dressed out of every day.)
- I’m very proud of this dress because I made it. It’s the most complicated sewing project I’ve ever completed. I made it for the annual Halloween Pirate Pub Crawl we do with our friends.
- Yes, I own an ugly Christmas sweater. This one is vintage 1989. You never know when it will come in handy!
- An authentic Giants jersey from before the last uniform redesign. My sister and I were big fans back in high school.
- A vintage leather minidress filched from my mom’s costume closet. My mom did costumes for a lot of our middle school plays so people gave her all kinds of interesting old clothes and jewelry.
- The crazy tie-died shirt I bought while in college at Sewanee. I remember wearing this to my initiation into Milliways (a drinking club) on Spring Party Weekend.
- These are my "skinny jeans." I bought them last year when all my other pants were too baggy and I wanted something fitted. Since then, I have gained ten pounds so they hang in the storage closet. But mark my words, one day I will fit into them again!
- The red satin cocktail dress I bought while on a business trip in England in 2000. This is what I was wearing the night I got the infamous updo. This is just one of the many dresses in my collection, which really deserves its own series of posts. I’ve been collecting dresses since high school.
The week’s almost over, but I think I’ve finally figured out the publishing schedule. No submissions from TWM this time around.
- The Fabulous! Festival over at iCiNG.
Personal favorites: Individual Chic’s paean to “What Not to Wear” and The Fashion-y Blog’s musings on not just getting dressed, but getting in to character for the day.
- The Festival of Frugality #77 at My Two Dollars.
Highlights include How to Have A Wedding for Under $200 at Free Money Finance and The Frugal Law Student’s explanation of Who Are the Joneses and Why Are We Keeping Up with Them?